WHAT IS PREPREG?
PREPREG is a common term for a reinforcing fabric such carbon which has been pre-impregnated with a resin system. This resin system (typically epoxy) already includes the proper curing agent. As a result, the prepreg is ready to be laid into the mold without the addition of any more resin. In order for the laminate to cure, an autoclave production process is used, a combination of high pressure and heat.
- Maximum strength and performance characterictics. In a hand layup production process, it is difficult to achieve 50% fabric and 50% resin content. Typical hand laminates, even when vacuum bagged, end up with a significant amount of excess resin. Excess resin increases brittleness and reduces overall strength properties. On the other hand, most prepregs contain around 35% resin. This is ideal for maximum cured properties and generally impossible to achieve in normal hand lamination.
- Uniformity and repeatability. The prepreg is of uniform thickness and each part coming out of the mold may theoretically be the same. Vacuum bagging technology may have some errors in processing, but prepreg ensures production consistency.
- Reduce curing time. After the thermal curing cycle, no need to wait for the standard 48 hours can be fully cured.
- Aesthetics. Although prepreg processing still requires mold preparation and demoulding, prepreg processing eliminates air bubbles, makes it easier to obtain a smooth, glossy surface as well as eliminates any seaming lines.
VOGUE AUTOMOTIVE is proud to provide next working day dispatch on majority of our products.We offer
- FREE UK SHIPPING - UK mainland customers qualify for a free 48 hour shipping service. We also provide a 24 hour express service for an extra charge. A shipping surcharge applies for orders shipped to Northern Ireland, Highland, Isles of Scotland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. Please contact us regarding additional shipping fee.
- EU SHIPPING - Customers from European Union are able to check shipping price quotation in "CART" section according to country chosen. Shipping time highly depends on specific countries, however average lead time is 3-5 working days from dispatch date. On rare occasions, we might contact you for additional shipping fee, as some remote countries are out of our EU shipping range.
- WORLDWIDE SHIPPING - We also provide worldwide shipping on all our orders, however we request our international customers to contact us for shipping quotation prior placing an order.
IMPORT DUTIES AND TAXES: Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for your order. You may check with your country’s customs office to determine if there will be additional costs.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES & WARRANTY
We take extra care in bringing you the best quality products and we pride ourselves on our industry leading customer service.We examine all orders prior to dispatching to customers. All products are tested on specific vehicles in our workshop before available for sale.We strongly advise you to check all contents when the package is delivered to make sure no damage has occurred during transportation and report any problems to us within 7 days. This will allow us to raise a claim with the shipping company as they have a time limit for reporting any shipping damages. Failing to inform us about this might result in your claims being declined.In rare cases, if you find that a product has been damaged in transit or a fitment issue, please contact us by email [email protected] and we will resolve your query in quickest manner possible. When contacting us please provide as much information as possible and including any supporting photos if available.RETURNS
- Buyers will be responsible for return postage.
- We recommend using a traceable service with insurance for returning any unwanted goods back to us.
- We cannot exchange or refund any goods returned in damaged condition.
- We will not accept any returned products which were modified/altered in any way by the customer.
- If possible please retain and reuse all original packaging.
WARRANTY EXCLUSIONSOur warranty on exterior products covers fitment issues only.
- We do not cover return shipping charges unless a product is faulty.
- Damage caused to a product during installation or from use of parts not supplied by us.
- Damage and changes in appearances caused by external forces and elements.
- We reserve the rights to change the warranty conditions without prior notice.